The last few days I’ve been trawling the web for cool Halloween costume ideas and pictures. Being in the fancy dress business means pretty much only one thing, I live for Halloween! It’s a time when most of us (outside of the cosplay community) dress up for the festivities and then we pack our fun side away till the next year.
It was on my latest research mission that I found Jani, a man who has very kindly allowed me to post a few pictures of his cosplay outfits. He also answered a few brief questions so that we might all learn something about him. I think many of you will appreciate his undead zombie costumes as much as I did, which is why he’s todays featured cosplayer.
Flaming Trout Cosplay Costumes
Undead Zombie Mario Characters
Lean More About Jani and His Cosplay Costumes
Jani was kind enough to answer a few questions relating to his cosplay outfits and a little about himself. Enjoy!
1. What made you get into cosplay?
My younger brother got me to attend this roleplaying convention and I dressed as roleplaying character there.
2. How old were you when you started cosplaying?
I was quite old. Over 20.
3. What was your first costume?
My first costume was catholic exorcist-warrior-priest. That costume was modified to cyberpunk-streetpreacher next year.
4. Do you make your own costumes?
I make all my costumes … with help from friends and relatives.
5. Where do your source your materials or the pieces for your costumes?
I use everything I can get my hands on … as long as it’s inexpensive.
6. How long does the average costume take to make or put together?
I let the idea brew for months but gathering materials and making a costume itself takes about a month.
7. Do you design and make original costumes or do you create replicas of costumes worn by characters?
8. What would be your super power if you could only have one?
9. Do you attend cosplay conventions or events? If yes how many do you attend in an average year?
I quite strictly cosplay only once a year at Ropecon roleplaying convention. I’ve been there every year since 1998.
10. Who’s your favourite cosplayer? (Could be a friend or a famous personality in the cosplay scene)
There’s many I like to follow on Deviant Art but to name a few: Crystal Graziano, Meagan Marie, ExileFayt.
11. Who’s your favourite character to cosplay?
12. Favourite TV show, movie and band?
Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, Horrorpops.
13. Do you cosplay for a living? If not, would you do it if the opportunity was offered to you?
I wouldn’t cosplay for living. I would love to paint for living but not cosplay
14. What’s going to be your next cosplay costume?
I have plans to attend this years Ropecon as either Joker-gangmember or Batman-gangmember from PC game Gotham City Impostors.
15. If you could cosplay as anyone and money was no issue who would it be?
Either Chewbacca from Star Wars or Hellboy done very well/expensive.
Want A Cool Costume To Get You Started In Cosplay? We Can Help!
If you like the idea of dressing up and want to give it a go, we can help. We’ve got some cool cosplay costumes to buy to get you going.
Want to See More Flaming Trout Artwork and Cosplay Costumes?
If you want to see more of Jani’s cosplay or some of his brilliant artwork you should check out his Deviant Art profile.